Need to snack on something while perusing the gift catalogues for last-minute orders? Need one extra appetizer on your Christmas table? This recipe comes to the rescue in the easiest, yummiest way possible 🙂
This recipe is a favorite of mine because I love feta cheese. Plus, the ingredients are easy to come by, little effort is involved, and the end result is de-licious!
These cheese straws are an excellent crowd pleaser because they are flavor-packed and very versatile. Serve them as they are or with dips to the side, and your guests will be very impressed.
Do you have a favorite holiday party appetizer? Let me know in the comments – and happy cooking/baking, everyone 🙂
Delicious feta cheese straws
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour + extra for the work surface
- Pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put all of the ingredients minus the pink Himalayan salt in a bowl, and mix until well combined. Cover bowl with plastic foil and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a floured work surface until 1/2in thick. Cut out rectangles about 11/2in wide. Arrange the rectangles on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle pink Himalayan salt over the top. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve at room temperature, with dips, if desired.